Sunday, November 4, 2007

Reflection_Artist Statement

Reflection_Artist Statement
Learning this topic was a very important experience to me. At the first assignment of artist statement, I misunderstood the work. So I wrote a reflection of those artists. Until the next class, I was aware of that the artist statement is about myself and is a statement to view the elements of our art or design works. Teacher led us to review the article and analyze the point of the sentences then explained the components. I leant a lot. On another class, we saw the movie of Amy Guggenheim. She taught us how to write an artist statement so I know it is very important to an artist and she gave us several useful and valuable points of view. Then I could use these resources to write my statement.

The other obtainment of this class was I got my classmate’s peer evaluation. Yun Sun gave me many suggestions that I could understand the lack of some components in my statement. Through other person’s view, I could know whether my work is clear enough to make others understand. Although the artist statement is not an art work but I have to let my audience know my concepts of my article. I also had a chance to evaluate Hsin-Wei’s statement. To point out other person’s advantages and disadvantages could make me think and learn this topic more. It was also a meaningful experience. Moreover, after my presentation, teacher gave me the advice that I should make my eye contact with all my audiences and my hands should also be gestured properly. It was very helpful to me because in my future I will have a lot of chances to present so I should learn how to present well.

I appreciate teacher to give us the opportunity to learn this topic. It let me know and think about my motivation, concepts, ideas that why I wanted to study architecture, why I made those designs and what issues I am concerning about. It was a good chance to retrospect myself and help me to think more of my future.

No comments: