Monday, December 3, 2007

Research Paper_Reflection

Research Paper Reflection


My topic of the research paper is “The Characteristics of Fluidity and Transparency in Art and Architecture.” It is about a concept of design works. I have to try to explain it clearly. So I read some books and information and analyze two cases to present this topic.

Sang teaches us how to write the paper. We discuss the writing skill such as the titles, using specific to general or narrative style to write the paper, etc. These information let me have diverse ways to think and arrange my study. Then the teacher teaches us the APA-Style. I learned how and why we could use the citation, how to make the reference list, etc. It is my first time to learn the academic paper style of other countries. It is very useful because I will use it when I write the paper in the United States.

The other topic I learn is the plagiarism. We should clarify the ideas and words are from others or made by ourselves. We also discuss about the common sense of the plagiarism. Because sometimes we think the words and ideas are common sense in our majors, we didn’t use the citation. Then teacher takes some examples to let us more understand the topic. After we wrote every draft, Sang gives us many comments. These comments let me think more deeply and explain my topic more clearly. It is a good experience and I really learn a lot.

No comments: